It’s time you get Discord on PS4. If you are a guy who loves to play games only on PlayStations, So having Discord on PS4 will make your gaming experience on a different level. Installation of Discord on PlayStation 4 is simple as that operating Discord on Xbox.
Discord is a VoIP app if you are a hardcore gamer, which I am assuming that’s why you are here, so no need for its introduction for you. But I tell you a little bit. Discord is designed to help gamers to talk to each other in real-time while playing games. With the help of the Discord app, users can chat with other gamers over text, voice, image, and video during online play by using some amazing features Like Discord Screen Share.
Discord becomes easier day by day for gamers to communicate and get more popularity among gamers in the past few years. Discord used by millions of users around the world. If you are using Discord on your mobile or Desktop, it’s time to take it to the next level.
Think you were playing a game on PS4 which required teamwork and tactics to Get Victory. So the integration of Discord with Ps4 will help you in that by there useful text and voice chat function.
So if you are wondering how to use Discord on PS4? just scroll to explore the things below.
- 1 How to get Discord on ps4
- 2 How to set up Discord on ps4
- 3 How to Use Discord on ps4
- 4 Discord audio in ps4 stream
- 5 Access Ps4 party chat on PC
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQs
How to get Discord on ps4
Unfortunately, there is no separate app in the google play store to connect Discord to ps4, and the Discord app currently doesn’t support the PlayStation 4 console. But as the user sending a request to the discord support team about adding this feature, so things got to change sooner, and developers think to make the PS4 version of the app and hope it works on Discord, PS5 also.
But who wants to do wait, there is always another alternative way to use the things on the internet as we want. Discord can be installed on PC’s and also on PS4 consoles.
Things Required for Setting up Discord on PS4 Consoles
To RUN Discord on your PlayStation 4, you need some necessary equipment; collect it first. This setup might longer and costly, but it one-time procedure & well worth it for the future prospect.
- A best gaming headset or earphone which has an optical cable and supports a USB connection.
- A good quality Mixamp or a similar device to delivers pro-quality audio for gamers like Mixamp Pro TR, you can use the A40 TR headset ( Best Combination ) to switch audio between a PC and PS4.
- Cables including 3.5mm Male to Male jacks, 3.5mm Aux Splitter, and 3.5mm to 3.5mm with Volume
- And be prepair with installing Discord application latest version on your Desktop.
How to set up Discord on ps4
Once you are ready with all the necessary equipment, it’s time to set everything up. So first, start with connecting your PS4 console with your MixAmp device. Here’s everything you need to do.
- Power on your PlayStation 4 console and Connect the optical cable between your mix amp and PS4 so that you can switch audio between the console and PC.
You should make sure that your MixAmp is set to Console mode; otherwise, it won’t work. So after connected everything successfully via cables, your headset will be assigned and work as a USB device. You will be notified by a message on the desktop screen about this.
Once you connected all the things properly. Now go to your PlayStation 4’s Settings and apply the below options.
If you facing this type of problem in Discord just look at How to FIX Discord Overlay not Working issue Top 10 Easy Solutions.
How to Use Discord on ps4
- First, open up the PS4 Settings and then visit the Sound and Screen section; after that, open Audio Output Settings. Then you need to change the Primary Output Port to Digital Output Port ( Optical ).
- Put one side of the USB cable into your mixamp device and plug the other end to connect to the PC. and ensure that your mix amp is in PC mode; then only it will start work.
- Open Discord and login on your PC and go to the Settings option, and open Voice & Video.
- Change the Input Device to the Voice Settings option on your mixamp.
- Plug your 3.5 to 3.5mm cable properly into the Speaker port on your Desktop port and into the AUX on your mixamp.
- Connect your Playstation 4 with the speaker using the recommended 3.5mm audio jack and run it from your PC speakers.
- Go back to your voice settings in the Discord app and make sure to modify the output device to your PC speakers.
So till the official Discord app for PlayStation 4 is not released. You can you this alternative method of using Discord on ps4. Also, the setup process is pretty easy; you just need to buy some gadgets which make your experience more enjoyable. And now you can play your favorite games on Ps4 and do chatting with friends simultaneously.
If your Voice Setting or MIC not work properly just checkout Discord Mic not Working or Why I Can’t Hear Anyone on discord.
Discord audio in ps4 stream
It will not be feasible that you hear any other sound playing on your own PC. This is only because your PlayStation 4 is currently taking the key audio source in your MixAmp. Fortunately, there’s a simple way to fix this matter.
- All you have to do is plug in your 3.5 to 3.5millimeter cable to the Speaker jack on your computer and to the AUX port in your MixAmp.
- Change the Output Apparatus from step number 7 to Speakers.
Access Ps4 party chat on PC
Playstation party is a chat feature used to voice chat with friends while they are on a multiplayer game. People love to use party chat because you can use this feature while playing a game or using another app. You can also screen share your work with Discord within the Party.
A large number of players actively using PS4 Party Chat. So many of the users asking about How To Get PS4 Party Chat On PC?
So if you have Discord on your PS4 and your PC is connected with PS4, you can also enjoy PS4 party chats on PC.
Steps to join the PS4 party chat from your Desktop
- First, do start Downloading the software called “PS4 Remote Play” on your PC and install it.
- Use this software to make a login to your PSN account.
- Now, Turn ON the PS4 console.
- Connect with the party chat option through your PC.
- Let the Remote Play software for Playstation 4 run in the background to access the feature of Party chat.
“The chat app discord perform tremendously in particular gaming area also wide use by YouTube personalities, podcasters, In education purpose, and in many more online field. And by analyzing expert says that Discord more than 250 million registered users, and More than 56 million active members log in each month. So you can imagine how big a platform it is. By the way, by the above guide, you can enjoy Discord on ps4 and also PS4 Party chat from your Desktop. Or if you are quiring to know all features and questions regarding Discord, just check out our How to Discord section. And for more queries, read the below FAQs.
Answer: There is no official way to link it directly, But some third-party apps available In the market that provides this type of feature. So if you are interested, just comment. I cover that topic also.
Question: How to use Discord on ps4 without pc?
Answer: Can you get Discord on PS4? Yes, you can! Using the Playstation 4 Party Chat option is fine and all, but if your friends are all on Discord, you want to be able to join in while you game.
Question: Can u use Discord on the console?
Answer: Xbox One owners will be able to link their Discord profile directly to an Xbox Live profile from a console, and PC players will be able to do the same through the regular Discord app. The linking is only limited to profiles by default, So your Xbox Live party chat and Discord audio chat will not be integrated.
Question: Can you download Discord on ps5
Answer: Unfortunately, Discord isn’t supported on the PS5 at this time. During the PS4’s run on PC, users were able to use the app text chatting features directly through the console’s web browser. But the PS5 boasts no such browser, and, in turn, it’s not capable of running the application.