Project Zomboid Screen Flickering or Freezing: One of the Project Zomboid game features is a screen flicker, which can be defined as a screen that keeps flickering, or a screen that just isn’t on. Screen flickers can occur while loading a game, playing a game, during the game, not playing a game, or in between.
I recently ran into an issue where the screen in Project Zomboid would randomly freeze, which made it difficult to play. It was a negative experience, as it was hard to know why it happened, and no one else seemed to be encountering the same issue.
In this article, I will be showing you how to fix the Project Zomboid Screen Flickering or Freezing issue. First, you need to go to the Project Zomboid folder, then find the Project Zomboid.ini file and open it for editing.
In this file, you will see this line: “FullscreenOptions” “2” Change the number 2 to a number like 3 or 4 and press save. (If you don’t know how to find the Project Zomboid.ini file you need to open the Zomboid.exe file in order to open the Project Zomboid.ini file.)
- 1 About Project Zomboid
- 1.1 Try Lowering In-Game Graphics Settings to Play the Game Smoothly
- 1.2 Update GPU Drivers to Play the Game Smoothly ( Project Zomboid Screen Flickering or Freezing )
- 1.3 Close Unnecessary Background Tasks to Play Game Smoothly
- 1.4 Check Your Internet Connection to Play Game Smoothly
- 1.5 Update Project Zomboid to Play Game Smoothly ( Project Zomboid Screen Flickering or Freezing )
- 1.6 Verify the Integrity of Game Files to Play the Game Smoothly
- 1.7 Set High Performance in Power Options to Play Game Smoothly
- 1.8 Set High Priority in Task Manager to Play Game Smoothly ( Project Zomboid Screen Flickering or Freezing )
- 1.9 Update Windows Version to Play Game Smoothly
- 2 The Bottom Line ( Project Zomboid Screen Flickering or Freezing )
About Project Zomboid
When I first tried playing Project Zomboid, I found the game to be very enjoyable. At first, I was a little confused by the game simply because of the fact that I couldn’t see my character.
I figured there must be some sort of FPS-like turning I could do, as well as where I could move my character.
And I noticed that when I tried moving my character around, I would occasionally lose my vision and then have to restart the game. I searched the internet and found a few people who had the same problem, plus many more who reported that they didn’t have the problem.
All I could find were theories of why this was happening. I looked at different games and saw that my issue wasn’t unique to Project Zomboid.
Try Lowering In-Game Graphics Settings to Play the Game Smoothly
Game performance is one of the most important parts of the gaming experience. From the moment you boot up that game, you need to be able to play it smoothly.
However, the current graphics cards in today’s computers are not designed to be played on their default settings. Many gamers have found that turning off in-game graphics settings and lowering their graphics card’s performance has actually helped improve performance and reduce lag.
Game developers often include high-resolution graphics in their games in order to sell console and computer editions, but these graphics can sometimes cause significant slowdowns in your modern computer or smartphone, resulting in a poorer gaming experience.
To fix this problem, many gamers have taken the approach of lowering their graphics settings. This can be done by opening the graphics settings on your graphics card or by adjusting the in-game graphics settings in your game.
Update GPU Drivers to Play the Game Smoothly ( Project Zomboid Screen Flickering or Freezing )
To play games with your new laptop or PC, you’ll want to update the graphics drivers. The graphics drivers are the software that your computer uses to communicate with the computer’s graphics card.
If you’ve been following our blog long enough, you know that we’re huge fans of Project Zomboid Edition. This new iteration of the AMD GPU drivers is packed with great features, but they’re also very performance-focused.
As such, we’ve found that many of the new features actually slow down the GPU, rather than increase performance. Recently, we’ve been spending more time with the current stable release of the drivers—the 15.4.1 driver—and we’ve compiled a list of the best settings you can use to improve your gaming experience.
- To open the Quick Link Menu, press Windows + X.
- From the list, click on Device Manager > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select “Update driver“.
- Choose “Search automatically for drivers”.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download and install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
Close Unnecessary Background Tasks to Play Game Smoothly
When playing games on your Android phone or PC, you may notice that there are tasks that are not necessary to you being able to play the game smoothly.
I recently told you that I recently told you to close unnecessary background tasks in order to play games smoothly, but what I did not mention is why they are unnecessary.
The reason they become unnecessary is the same reason why almost anything becomes unnecessary; we don’t need them! When you look at the long list of all the background tasks that are running in the background, you can quickly spot some that you don’t need.
- To open Task Manager, press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- Under the Processes tab, select the task you want to close.
- Once selected, click on the “End Task” button. Be sure to follow the steps for each task individually.
- Once you have completed all of the tasks, simply restart your computer to see the changes take effect immediately.
Check Your Internet Connection to Play Game Smoothly
With the amount of time people spend in front of a screen, it is possible that you or a friend have noticed that your Internet is running a bit slow.
This can be particularly frustrating when you are playing a game and the Internet suddenly becomes unresponsive. Therefore, we have created a list of tips and tricks to help you avoid these issues and increase the connection speed of your Internet.
Despite the fact that you may have an awesome internet connection, sometimes you’ll find that the online game you’re playing will have a difficult time connecting to the servers.
This is because the game has a problem with your Internet connection and it may not be able to connect to the servers. If you want to play a game smoothly without anything getting in the way, it is important that you check your Internet connection to play the game smoothly.
Update Project Zomboid to Play Game Smoothly ( Project Zomboid Screen Flickering or Freezing )
Project Zomboid has been in development for nearly three years now. And while a lot has changed since that time, the current version of the game still has problems that must be addressed.
It’s not hard to find people on the internet who are unhappy with the current state of this game and the update that is needed to solve their problems.
Project Zomboid is a mod for Minecraft that is set in a zombie apocalypse. Players start as a few random survivors, who must scavenge for supplies and resources to stay alive and create a shelter for their growing group of survivors.
As you survive, you will slowly gain access to guns and ammo, which will let you take down the increasing number of zombies that will eventually surround you and your growing crew. But first, update the game with the latest one.
The Project Zomboid screen flickering or freezing problem exists in several of the Project Zomboid game versions, including the latest Steam release and the current Kickstarter release. It is possible that the problem is a result of the updated Java version that the game uses, but we have not been able to confirm this.
- In order to update Project Zomboid, open the Steam client and go to the Library.
- From the left pane, click on Project Zomboid and it will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- The installation may take some time, so please be patient. Once the update is installed, close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
Verify the Integrity of Game Files to Play the Game Smoothly
This game is really fun to play, but what if there is a little problem with the game files? Can you play smoothly? So, there is a verification tool in the game to check the integrity of game files, then you can verify the integrity of game files.
To use this tool, the game should be closed, and the game file should be in the same folder as the tool. Then click “Check Integrity of Game Files”. If you see “100% Integrity”, then you can play the game smoothly.
Being a game player can be frustrating. You get the latest and greatest game on the day of release, only to find out that certain parts of it are breaking and you can’t play it as expected.
This problem is known as game-breaking bugs and it’s a major problem in the gaming industry. Many game companies target a particular set of players, but if those players want to play a certain built-in feature, they must wait for game developers to fix the bugs in the game.
- To launch the game, open Steam and click on “Library.”
- Right-click on “Project Zomboid” from the list of installed games.
- Then, click on “Properties” and go to “Local Files.”
- To verify the integrity of your game files, click the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” button.
- The process may take a while to complete, but once it does, simply restart your computer.
Set High Performance in Power Options to Play Game Smoothly
We notified you about this, but when you’re playing games, CPU usage is one of the most important things to look at.
\If you’re looking for a way to make your games run smoother, it’s important to learn more about how your CPU works, especially when playing games.
There are many articles on the Internet that discuss how to optimize your computer, but here we’re going to cover a basic and easy way to optimize your CPU for gaming.
When you’re playing a game on your computer, the difference in performance between high and low-power modes can seem negligible. But if you’re a gamer with a processor like the Intel Core i7-8700K or the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, the difference can be significant.
- Click on the Start Menu > Type Control Panel and click on it from the search result.
- Now, go to Hardware and Sound > Select Power Options.
- Click on High Performance to select it.
- Make sure to close the window and fully shut down your computer.
Set High Priority in Task Manager to Play Game Smoothly ( Project Zomboid Screen Flickering or Freezing )
If you want to smooth play your games and make them run as smoothly as possible, then you need to use the “Set High Priority in Task Manager to Play Game Smoothly”.
Today we’d like to show you how you can use the Task Manager to make sure that your games play smoothly, no matter how much you multitask. As you probably know, Task Manager is one of the Windows 8 and 10 features that you can find in the Start Menu. It allows you to see all the programs and processes that are running on your computer.
- To set the priority of Project Zomboid to high:
- Right-click on the Start Menu and select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab and right-click on the Project Zomboid game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
- Run the Project Zomboid game to check if it crashes on the PC or not.
Update Windows Version to Play Game Smoothly
It’s hard to keep up to date with all the new versions of Windows, how is a PC gamer supposed to? Well, this is where I come in. I will show you how to update your games to run smoothly on the latest version of Windows, without losing any of your settings and saves.
Windows 8 has a reputation for being the OS that gets things done, but not necessarily at the best possible speed.
Since it was first released in 2012, a number of users have complained about the system’s sluggishness and the occasional crashes that have plagued Windows 8 since it was first released. So keep updating it with the latest Windows version to avoid such issues.
- To check for Windows updates, press the Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, under the Windows Update section, click Update & Security > Check for updates.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and Install.
- Please note that updates can take some time to complete.
The Bottom Line ( Project Zomboid Screen Flickering or Freezing )
So you’ve found a Project Zomboid Screen Flickering or Freezing bug and you want to report it. Maybe you’ve even tried to fix it but can’t. Or maybe you’ve found a bug that isn’t even listed here. Either way, don’t hesitate to message us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Several viewers have reported a problem when they play Project Zomboid on their computers. They will play the game from start to finish and when they finish the game the screens will go blank.
This issue can happen with different computers, different video cards, and different video drivers. We will be reporting this issue on the Project Zomboid forums and if you come across the issue please post your findings.