Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup: As you may have heard, the latest Dune game for PC crashed on startup, and players have been trying their best to get the cracked version to work.
If you search for “Dune” in the Epic Games Launcher, it loads up fine, but if you try to load it up from the desktop shortcut, it crashes. However, if players do install the game through the launcher, it crashes within 10 seconds of startup.
- 1 Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup: How to FIX
- 1.1 Check System Requirements before playing game
- 1.2 Update Graphics Drivers ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
- 1.3 Update Windows
- 1.4 Run the game as an administrator ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
- 1.5 Close Background Running Tasks on PC
- 1.6 Set High Priority in Task Manager ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
- 1.7 Reinstall DirectX (Latest)
- 1.8 Force Run the Game in DirectX 11 ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
- 1.9 Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program
- 1.10 Set High Performance in Power Options on Your PC ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
- 1.11 Close the game from Background Apps on the PC
- 1.12 Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
- 1.13 Perform a Clean Boot on your PC ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
- 1.14 Try Disabling Overlay Apps on Your PC
- 1.15 Verify the Integrity of Game Files on Your PC ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
- 1.16 Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking on Your PC
- 1.17 Update Dune Spice Wars Game ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
- 2 Conclusion
Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup: How to FIX
When PC gamers load up their machines, the last thing they want to see is Windows crashing. All too often, gamers have to battle their machines on startup after installing the latest games.
But it may be thanks to a newly released update from Microsoft that PC gamers will be spared from Windows 10 startup crashes. Here are the fixes…
Check System Requirements before playing game
Many video games require the right hardware to even run, so be sure you have everything required to play. Some games have PC requirements, and some console games work only on particular systems.
For example, you can purchase a PS4 console, but you can only play games on it if you own a PS4. The same holds true for PC games.
The PC requirements vary depending on the game, but typically, the higher the resolution and number of players, the better the PC needs to be in order to run the game smoothly.
And don’t worry: you can find helpful guides for installing PC software, such as Steam and Origin.
Before the PS4 or the Xbox One came out, the PS2 was the console of choice for gamers. The PS2 is still a decent system, but many of the games released for it in the 2000s are long outdated.
This isn’t the case with Super Stardust HD, which Sony re-released for PS4 as a timed exclusive last year. Super Stardust HD is a 2000 classic that melds elements from arcade shooters and bullet hell shooters. To use this game requires a PS2, a controller, and the original disc.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz or AMD equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVidia GTX 1050 or AMD equivalent
- Storage: 4 GB available space
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Processor: Intel Core i7 2.8GHz or AMD equivalent
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVidia GTX 1080 or AMD equivalent
- Storage: 4 GB available space
Update Graphics Drivers ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
Updating your graphics drivers can make a world of difference in the performance of your computer—and in gaming, especially. But learning to update graphics drivers can be tricky if you don’t know about the right steps to take.
To properly update the drivers on your computer, it’s important to have a basic understanding of the underlying technology, how to install the drivers, and what to watch out for when updating.
To help you on your way, we’ve put together a quick list of steps to follow when updating graphics drivers.
Computers and software are constantly evolving. Some drivers, such as the graphics drivers, are updated regularly, while others remain static because OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and software developers decide to skip updates or release updates that are too slow and buggy.
If your computer is older and you’re planning to upgrade, your safest bet is to install the latest stable graphics drivers and restart your computer.
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change the effects.
Your computer needs to be updated. In Windows, the computer and operating system (OS) work together. If your computer is up-to-date, it will generally be able to run Windows software more smoothly.
The update process will change every Windows, but in general, updates happen in the background. To update Windows, open the software, click Check for Updates, then select the checkbox next to “Check for updates automatically.”
Okay, now that you finally made the decision to update your PC, it’s time to get started. To update Windows, simply run Windows Update, which will prompt you to download the latest patches and fixes. Next, run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool.
This tool will scan your PC for malware and remove it as well as update your antivirus. Your PC will automatically restart when the scan is complete. Next, install any updates or drivers that Windows automatically installs. Finally, restart your PC.
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
Run the game as an administrator ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
Every modern PC has a feature known as administrator privilege. This allows users to perform admin-level tasks on the computer, such as accessing hidden settings and running programs as an administrator.
Sometimes, though, this feature may stop working correctly. When this happens, it can be tricky to run certain programs as an administrator.
Running Steam games as an administrator will allow users to access and manage game settings. Toggle various settings like modifying resolution, altering various graphical effects, and lowering in-game latency. Use Steam to see if you’re running the game as an administrator or regular user.
Do you ever find yourself playing your favorite PC games as an administrator in Windows 10? What if you wanted a quicker way to launch your favorite games? Some games will require tweaking the game’s executable to run in administrator mode, but doing so isn’t always necessary.
- Right-click on the Dune Spice Wars exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
Make sure to do the same steps for the Steam client too. It should help you to fix the Dune Spice Wars issue on your PC.
Close Background Running Tasks on PC
Have you ever noticed that when you run a program on your computer, it leaves a background task running? Programs like Norton, McAfee, Skype, etc.
Often leave background tasks running that cease only when you terminate the program. And these background tasks take up memory, which slows down your computer.
Running many background tasks can slow down your PC, especially if the tasks are resource hungry. There are a few ways to prevent this, one is by disabling many background tasks.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click to select tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it one by one.
- Once done, restart your system.
Set High Priority in Task Manager ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
The task manager is an important feature of the Windows operating system. It allows you to view all the tasks running on your computer, including applications that are running in the background.
These tasks include Windows Updates and background processes, as well as all the programs that are currently running on your PC. You can manually kill tasks by pressing the “X” to the right of each task, or you can set high-priority tasks so that they remain running even when you’re not using your PC.
The Windows 10 Task Manager allows you to quickly access the apps running on your computer, and it’s completely customizable.
You can set it to a high priority list to instantly access the app you want to open, or you can set it to a low priority list so that all the other apps running on your computer disappear from view and it’s only the apps you explicitly choose to show.
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the Dune Spice Wars game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run the Dune Spice Wars game to check if it crashes on PC or not.
Reinstall DirectX (Latest)
DirectX, short for Direct3D, is Microsoft’s most popular API for 3D graphics. This API allows developers to create 3D graphics rendering hardware-independent applications. It helps developers create richer, more complex 3D video games, user interfaces, and virtual/augmented reality experiences.
If you’re having problems playing certain games, you may need the newest version of DirectX. The DirectX Downloader is a free utility that can download the latest version of DirectX for you.
Just run the installer and follow the directions. The DirectX Downloader will download DirectX 12 and DirectX 11 for you, and reinstall them on your computer.
Force Run the Game in DirectX 11 ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
Microsoft’s new DirectX 11 (DX11) API provides better graphics on modern graphics hardware. However, most gaming laptops still run games in DirectX 10 (DX10) mode.
\To force a game to run in DX11, you must install an application like Nvidia’s GeForce Experience, which can also perform other optimization, including installing the latest drivers for your GPU.
As gamers, we love to take our gaming to the next level. We want the most immersive experience we can possibly have. So, when we hear about games that are coming out that are going to support it, we can’t wait to try them. Force Awakens, for example, is running at 4K resolution with 120 frames per second on high-end gaming PCs.
The Xbox One S is bundled with an Xbox One X, which allows it to run games in 4K. But, what if we want to play the game on an older PC or console? Is there a way to play these games in 4K? The answer is yes! We can also run these apps in DirectX 11, which is the latest API from Microsoft.
By forcing the game to run in DirectX 11 mode, you remove the game’s dependency on other software on your computer (like 3DMark’s software) and allow the graphics card to work with DirectX 11 software only. This makes your graphics card’s job a lot easier and allows it to run faster.
- First, launch the Steam client > Go to LIBRARY.
- Locate and right-click on the Dune Spice Wars game.
- Click on Properties > Select GENERAL from the left pane menu > Type -dx11 under the Launch Options.
- Now, simply go back and launch the game. If prompted, click on the radio button next to the Play option of Dune Spice Wars.
Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program
It is mandatory to disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program before running any software. It can be caused due to many reasons such as hardware/software conflict, antivirus program/firewall software conflict, outdated software, etc…
Do you use Windows Firewall or Antivirus programs to prevent users from opening suspicious websites and downloading files? Windows Firewall and Antivirus programs are great security tools, but using these tools to stop users from opening suspicious websites may create many problems for users.
Set High Performance in Power Options on Your PC ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
Setting High-Performance options on power options on your PC is a quick way to improve the performance of your computer. The default setting is balanced.
Balanced settings use both power-saving and high-performance settings, which is fine for most PC users, but if you want to have a fast PC, you should set high performance.
All PCs, including laptops and desktops, come with power options available. These are either classified as “performance” or “energy-saving” settings.
Most Windows-based PCs come configured with “Balanced” settings, which use a mixture of the two options. This setting is okay for most users, but there are times when additional performance is desired. For example, gaming is one type of application that requires enhanced performance.
- Click on the Start Menu > Type Control Panel and click on it from the search result.
- Now, go to Hardware and Sound > Select Power Options.
- Click on High Performance to select it.
- Make sure to close the window and fully shut down your computer. To do this, click on the Start Menu > Go to Power > Shut Down.
- Once your computer is fully turned off, you can power it on again.
Close the game from Background Apps on the PC
The Background App Refresh feature lets you close an app without having to quit the entire app.
That’s good because sometimes you just want to quickly play a game and don’t want to wrestle with quitting whatever it is. Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as tapping on the app icon and deciding to close it.
With Background App Refresh, you can actually close apps from Task Manager, so while you can’t close apps in the usual way (which uses software), you can actually close apps from the Task Manager.
This can actually be useful since Task Manager lets you close other apps that might be running in the background.
If you’re playing a game on your PC, and your phone is nearby, and you want to pause it, open your taskbar and click on the game (or press Ctrl + Shift + G). The icon for the game should now appear in your taskbar, so you can click on it to pause the game.
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Privacy > Scroll down from the left pane and select Background apps.
- Scroll down and look for the Dune Spice Wars game title.
- Just turn off the toggle next to the game title.
- Once done, close the window and restart your computer.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Microsoft Visual C++ runtime is a type of software that allows your applications to run on a Microsoft Windows system.
Although Microsoft Visual C++ runtime libraries are pre-installed on most computers, sometimes, they’ll become damaged. This means that your applications won’t be able to open properly, and you might need to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime to access them.
Your computer has stopped working, and you have no idea why. The culprit? The Microsoft Visual C++ runtime. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime is quick and easy, and should resolve any compatibility issues with Windows.
Perform a Clean Boot on your PC ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
Performing a clean boot on your PC has a number of benefits. It improves the performance of your PC by removing unnecessary programs that may be running in the background.
It also improves the security of your PC by removing malware. A clean boot improves the stability of your PC by eliminating any processes that may be running in the background that may be causing crashes.
Have you ever had a problem with your PC and didn’t know how to fix it? You open up Windows and launch the troubleshooter, but it’s useless.
You can run a malware check, but that’s only so you know what to look for. The “clean boot” test is a troubleshooting option that can run when your computer is having system problems.
If your computer is freezing, crashing, or having other symptoms you can’t seem to fix, then running this test may help.
Try Disabling Overlay Apps on Your PC
Overlay apps are full-screen applications that permanently cover your desktop or mobile device’s main user interface.
These apps are designed to be used when the phone screen is locked, but they can easily be accidentally activated when the phone is being used. (Try accidentally activating your overlay apps by leaving your phone in your pocket, for example.)
Overlay apps can also be used for malicious purposes to steal data or install spyware on your device. Fortunately, you can disable overlay apps on your PC, preventing accidental activation while still allowing apps to run normally in full-screen mode.
Overlay apps can be tricky, powerful, and pretty useful. They can be highly customizable and quite handy.
But they can also be pretty annoying, and many people find that they simply want to disable them without having to go through the effort of uninstalling them. Luckily, there are several ways to disable an overlay app on a Windows 10 computer.
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Dune Spice Wars.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar option.
If in case, you’re unable to find out the Game Bar option, then just search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes, and launch the game again.
Verify the Integrity of Game Files on Your PC ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
PC gaming is almost a given these days, with a major portion of today’s gamers playing their video games on PC. But, with the convenience of PC comes another concern: safety.
With games containing sensitive personal information, authentication, user security, and pirated content, it’s vital that players check the integrity of the game files on their PC.
Video games are a hugely popular pastime on home computers, but before you load a new game onto your system, you need to make sure it’s free from viruses and other malware. Luckily, it’s quite easy to verify that your game files are free of malware, and there are some free programs that make this job a snap.
If you play competitive online games such as Dune Spice Wars, League of Legends, or World of Warcraft, there’s a very good chance that you’ve uploaded your gameplay files to Imgur at some point
These files are huge, and they take forever to upload and download. To speed up this process, you can verify the integrity of your game files on your PC.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Dune Spice Wars from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking on Your PC
CPU and GPU overclocking is the act of increasing the performance of your computer’s central processing unit (CPU) or graphics processing unit (GPU).
While overclocking can be fun to do, there are risks that go along with it. For example, you could damage your CPU or GPU if you overclock too much. Or, you could put your computer at risk of malware attacks.
If overclocking isn’t for you, you can easily disable CPU or GPU overclocking on your PC. Here’s how it’s done.
Many people like to customize their PC for gaming and entertainment purposes. You can use the “UEFI” or the “BIOS” to set the CPU and the GPU clock speeds. This makes it possible for you to overclock your CPU and/or GPU.
Update Dune Spice Wars Game ( Dune Spice Wars Keep Crashing on PC on Startup )
The Dune Spice Wars game series is one of the most popular strategy games out there today. The game series began with the Dune 2000 game and has grown to include six more titles (Dune 2000, 2002:
The Battle of Corrin, 2005: The Battle of Corrin II, 2006: The Battle of Corrin III, 2008: The Battle of Corrin IV, and 2016: The Battle of Corrin V), as well as two expansion packs.
The Dune Spice Wars game was released on August 25, 2016, on Apple and Android devices. Dune Spice Wars is the card game of the Dune series created by Frank Herbert.
You pick up this game not knowing anything about it and end up thinking about how the game works. If you are a fan of the series, this game is a must-own.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on Dune Spice Wars from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes and launch the game again.
The Spice Wars game, which was originally released for 16-bit computers, is now being updated for newer versions of computers. Developed by Infocom, The Dune Spice Wars game allowed players to become the ruler of a desert planet and conquer other rival planets.
In this game, players use resources and technology to gain an advantage over their rivals.
The Dune Spice Wars game was released in 1987. Because the game had inadequate graphics and poor game control, Infocom released an updated remake in 1999, with updated graphics and improved gameplay.
Dune fans can return once again to the galaxy of Arrakis in the upcoming Dune: Spice Wars. Developed by Avalanche Studios, Dune: Spice Wars is an upcoming game based on Frank Herbert’s science fiction novel, Dune, and is sure to please fans of the engrossing saga.
The game will be released on April 26th, 2019, and will feature three massive sandbox levels, each catering to a different play style.