Discord is a widely used application for communication and chat. Initially, only streamers or gamers were using it. Now as the app features grown faster everyone loving it. It has a well-built user base of over 100 Million active monthly users worldwide. So today we will learn how to change or set the custom status on discord in various platforms like Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Discord provides us a useful option to put status about our updates and shows them with our joined friends. According to the status, friends will interact with us.
The default status values are Online, Idle, Do not disturb, and Invisible. These values show the color of the small status dot in the bottom-right corner. With these default values, we cannot express our mood, feelings, or any other thing. To show these things, we need to use a custom status. Discord lets us set a custom status to let others know what we are doing and feeling. Let’s see how to do it.
How to Set Custom status in Discord on Windows or Mac?
You can easily change your status on the Discord app or browsing app. The interface for both Windows and Mac is very much similar. You can follow the below steps to change it.
- Launch the Discord app on your Desktop or Mac or open Discord web client www.discord.com and sign in with your credentials.
- If you installed the Discord app on mobile, scan the QR code on the log-in page. It will redirect you to the Discord dashboard.
- Once you logged into your account, click on your profile icon to open a new menu. Usually, it is located at the bottom left corner.
- You can see default statuses as well as your current status.
- To change the Discord status, click on the Set a custom status.
- Enter your custom status in the Support has arrived.
- Under the Clear After section, choose the time frame for its disappearance.
- Finally, click on the Save button to make changes to your status.
- That’s it! You have successfully updated the custom status on Discord.
Change Default Discord Status on an iPhone Devices
Many users run Discord on their mobile. If you are one of them who uses an iPhone or iPad to run the Discord app, it will help you set a custom status on your iPhone. Here are the steps to change a custom status on iPhone.
- Launch your Discord application and log in with your credentials.
- Now tap on the User icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Now tap on the Set Status.
- You can see the default as well as the custom status option.
- Tap on the Set a custom status to add your status.
- Select time frame to disappear your status, under clear after.
- Finally, tap on the Save button to make the changes and exit the menu.
Set Custom Discord Status on Android Mobiles
You can also set custom status on an Android device if you are using an Android-enabled device. The process is almost similar for Android also. Follow this section to change a custom status for your Android device.
- Launch your Discord app on an Android device and enter your log-in credentials.
- Now tap on the user profile icon from the left corner of your screen.
- On the new popup menu, you will see the default and custom status options.
- Now tap on the “Add your own status“
- Then enter the text or emoji in the input field which you want to set on your status and tap on the Save button.
- Now exit the screen.
How to Remove or Change the Discord Status?
Removing or switch back to the default status option on Discord is a slightly easy process. If you set a timeframe in the Clear After section, it will remove automatically after the timeframe exceeds. If you have set it to don’t remove, then you have to remove it manually.
- Log in to your account on the Discord app or web client.
- Now click on the user profile icon and click on Set a custom status.
- Now click on the ‘X‘ button to remove the status or use a default status.
- Finally, exit the screen and check the status.
That’s it! Changing the status on Windows, Mac, Android, and IOS is almost similar. It is best to express our mood, feeling, work, and other things. Our friends will interact with us according to our status.
Frequently Ask Questions
Question: Can we put links on discord status?
Answer: YES!! Link marketing is the best option to do our brand promotion. And as we all know discord is a huge platform so it has millions of userbase. So as like other social media platforms, you can also put a LINK/URL in discord as status. So don’t worry with images, text you can also able to add a link to your discord status.
Question: Does discord change status automatically?
Answer: After a certain time period when you didn’t use your desktop so discord recognizes it and sets your status as idle mode. Idle status means some of the discord default preset statuses. That reflects you’re not online and didn’t use desktop for a long time.